Saturday, April 7, 2007

Sigh.


I am currently watching a movie, alone. The Holiday. Love it. There's one scene, where the couple is lying in a tent, with a kid on either side of them, and he just reaches his hand over and takes hers. Very subtle. Very romantic.
That's what I want. I don't know how long I have to wait, but believe me, I'd better find it sometime. I love my kids, and holding their hands is an awesome feeling. But I need someone else in my life too.
I hope I didn't bring anyone down with this post. I just needed to write it down. If you know of any nice, single men, I'm taking applications. Just e-mail me.
I'm partially kidding.

6 comments:

Kimmy said...

Dari, are Addison and Abba a boy and a girl, or are they both girls and you have a son as well? I noticed on Carol's post (aka Song of Joy) that you mentioned the nickname you have for your son. Please clarify for me. I so much would love to chat personally with you. This blogging stuff just isn't giving me enough to catch up on with you.
Take care,
Kim

Trev and Rebekah said...

Dari, I hear your heart...even in your last post. I honestly think that when we come to a point on not knowing who we are, that's when we need to turn to Jesus and see who we are in His eyes...that's all that matters anyways. You've been through a lot.
We'll see you this summer.

Boo said...

Dari, I hope you find that someone special too. It will more than likely happen when you least expect it.
Carole

cathy said...

Oooh, I can sooo sympathize with you here. I took a break for 2.5 years, no guys, no dating... way too many losers out there, not worth the grief. In Dec., a guy walked into my building, for work stuff. I was excited just finding a guy attractive again (it had been ages since I noticed anyone in 'that way'). Then he asked me out. Okay, so we're not together (we'll get into that somewhere other than here)but he's still in my life. My advice is: enjoy any moment for what its worth. If it makes you smile, blush, laugh, it's worth it. When I started thinking that way, my whole demeanor changed, or so I've been told. When I get down about the same thing, I remember those little moments, just enough to give me that boost. If that doesn't work, do that other thing I do - roll your eyes and say 'he's so not worth my time.'
Cathy

Moby Dick said...

I can relate to what you are feeling.

Vanessa said...

dari..that movie is wonderful..i know just what you mean about the tent scene-just simple,easy,nice.