Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Everyone's Tired of Hearing It...




To start, I will post one more time about my weight loss efforts. I began on August 1, 2006, shortly after the birth of my second baby. In pain after a c-section (recovery would have been way easier if I had been thin to start), I hobbled around the block with Abba and the stroller. I joined weight watchers online shortly after that. After 7.5 months of calorie counting and exercise, I've lost exactly 50 lbs. I'm at my primary goal of 150. It really is the most awesome feeling in the world!



The first pic is me after losing almost 15 lbs, at the end of Sept. The second (excuse the awful socks!) was taken last week, at 153 lbs.

I apologize to anyone who has gotten bored or annoyed at this being my main topic of conversation. It's just that, aside from my kids, I have never been so excited about something before. I appreciate your patience.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Dari! I tried to leave a comment yesterday but it didn't work (obviously) but I wanted to say congtratulations!! Good for you. I know how hard you've been working and it totally pays off. You look awesome and you totally deserve it. I hope I can keep my momentum going too!
Michelle

cathy said...

hey chickie.... if anyone's tired of hearing you express your pride in yourself for your hard work, tell them to GET OVER IT!! You look absolutely fabulous, and have EVERY right to brag your heart out! You are also setting a great example to your children, showing them there are things in life that take patience and hard work, but the rewards are endless. Congratulations!! :-)

Chelsea said...

Nobody is tired of hearing it.... we are all so very proud of you. Anyone that is TIRED of it can 'shut their pie hole'. LMAO!

Gwen said...

Wow Dari,

You look awesome!

I am so proud of you. It is a lot of hard work and you have done it!

I agree with cathy too....if people are tired of it....they are just jealous! Way to go girl...you're amazing!

Love the new site too! Give Abba a hug from me too.

Love Gwen

Dorrie said...

I envy your efforts and committment to yourself. WTG Dari. It's the hardest thing to do sometimes is taking care of yourself. You look wonderful!