Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Little Change of Pace


After being reminded, thanks Carole ;) , I've decided to change the purpose of my blog, in the hopes that I'll use it more. I will still post cards and such, when I make something I like, but for the most part, I'm going to use this as a means of keeping track of my goals.


Two years ago, as some of you know, I made it my goal to lose weight. I made most of that goal, losing 60 of the 80 lbs I wanted. But then I lost steam, and have since put 10 lbs back on. I've also taken up a mild form of frugality (I still shop, of course, more than I should) in an effort to be free of the need to be dependant on child support and to pay off my credit cards. I'm also trying to make my life less chaotic by de-cluttering my house.


It seems that I can only focus on one thing, maybe two, at a time. I don't know why this is. So this blog will be my way to combine all of my goals into one spot, to try and keep myself accountable. I have several message boards I post on, but I don't want to post about weight loss on the frugal board, or scrapbooking on the single parent board, etc.


I will try to throw some photos in here to brighten things up though. Goal post to follow. :)

2 comments:

Boo said...

Oh wow, look at you! You look stunning Dari!

Life does tend to throw us off our path some times. I'm happy that you will be writing about your goals because I always like reading about your successes! You worked hard to lose the weight and I remember when you started and when you had lost so much. You can do it again. Just like I know you will reach all your goals!

:o)
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love your picture!! You are gorgeous! I'm glad you're writing about your goals. It may help me with mine. I'm happy you lost your weight. Gaining 10 of it back is only a small set back. I have a min of 100 lbs to lose.